3000 Mk III phase 2, 1966
Return to the archives - Photo overview - Healey history
Technical data - Information
discovered the Healey day before the opening of the "Earls Court
Motor show" in the year 1952 at the show-booth of the Healey Motor
The Austin Healey 3000, also known as the "Big Healey", was produced between 1959 and 1968. The Healey 3000 was the follow-up to the successful 100/4 and 100/6 Healey's. The 3000 was the first Healey fitted with power-assisted brakes and disc brakes on the front wheels. The 3000 was to be the last "big" Austin Healey.
Austin Healey 3000 Mk III phase 2, year 1966. Colour red over crème white, black interior trimmed with red piping. Black soft top and hood cover. The perfect original(!) interior shows how meticulous this 'Big Healey' was kept and maintained. This Austin Healey sports chrome wire wheels, a wooden MotoLita steering wheel, overdrive, badge bar, extra driving lamps at front, extra cooling louvers in the front wings and a chrome luggage rack.