3000 Mk III phase 2, 1967
Return to the archives - Photo overview - Healey history
Technical data - Information
discovered the Healey day before the opening of the "Earls Court
Motor show" in the year 1952 at the show-booth of the Healey Motor
The Austin Healey 3000, also known as the "Big Healey", was produced between 1959 and 1968. The Healey 3000 was the follow-up to the successful 100/4 and 100/6 Healey's. The 3000 was the first Healey fitted with power-assisted brakes and disc brakes on the front wheels. The 3000 was to be the last "big" Austin Healey.
Austin Healey 3000 Mk III phase 2, year 1967. Colour Dark British Racing Green with a (tan) beige leather interior. Pale beige mohair soft top and tonneau cover, and a leather(!) hood cover. The car features a full leather interior, wooden MotoLita steering wheel, chrome luggage rack with leather straps, badge bar with additional driving lamps and chrome wire wheels. Mechanically the car is fitted with: dual circuit brake system, aluminium rocker cover, Stainless Steel exhaust, improved performance radiator, electric cooling fan, aluminium petrol tank and an AC generator.