Company discovered the Healey day before the opening of the "Earls
Court Motorshow" in the year 1952 at the show-booth of the Healey
Leonard Lord, Austin Motor Corporation chief contacted Donald Healey
immediately and bought the car's production-rights before the show was
Donald Healey built the Healey with Austin parts which was ideal for the
step Austin took. Austin Motor Co. saw the Healey as the perfect answer
on Triumphs successful TR sportscar which sold very well in the United
Healey 3000, also known as the "Big Healey", was produced
between 1959 and 1968. The Healey 3000 was the follow-up to the
successful 100/4 and 100/6 Healey's. The 3000 was the first Healey
fitted with power-assisted brakes and disc brakes on the front wheels.
The 3000 was to be the last "big" Austin Healey.
2 S.U. carburettors
cylinder capacity: 2912 cc.
capacity: 124 bhp. at 5250 rpm.
top-speed: approx. 120 mph. - 190 km/h.
gearbox: 4 speed manual+ overdrive
Healey 3000 MK III phase 2, year 1967.
Colour dark blue with a dark blue leather interior.
This Austin Healey was fully restored in Great Britain some years ago
and is still in excellent, very original condition.
The car is right hand driven (RHD) at the moment but can be modified (to
reasonable additional costs) and delivered as left hand drive (LHD).
The car drives absolutely perfect and sounds tremendous due to the
stainless steel exhaust system. This Austin Healey is fitted with chrome
wire wheels and an overdrive.
fine classic car was sold by
Altena Classic Service.
Altena Classic Service
Phone international: +31 524 56 11 22