DAF 55T Coupé Rally Car, 1970 | € 22.500,--
Daf 55T Coupé, year 1970. Chassis number 55T622149, engine number B144E2228921. Exterior colour white with Daf Marathon striping, black / dark grey interior with black cloth rally safety/comfort seats. This gorgeous Daf 55T Coupé was given a livery in the spirit of the legendary 1968 Daf London-Sydney Marathon cars (the London-Sydney Marathon was the heaviest and most demanding car rally ever organized and the rugged Daf cars completed this challenge of 16.694 kilometres on three continents). This Daf 55T Coupé was professionally rally prepared and tuned for historic rally events, costs nor efforts were spared in the process. See the extensive preparation list below. The most recent works and service were done by Altena Classic Service, all the invoices are present. This fantastic DAF 55T Coupé rally car is supposed to be the most powerful and fastest Daf rally car in the Netherlands. This unique automobile is in a very good (and top prepared) condition and the car is ready for any rally adventure!
This Daf is for sale at Altena Classic Service.
Price: € 22.500, -.
Rally preparation modifications and upgrades:
- Engine bored out to 1440 cc, tuned, and rebuilt
- Double Weber carburettor fitted
- Clutch renewed and upgraded
- Variomatic system upgraded
- Electric petrol pump fitted
- Large 40 Litre aluminium petrol tank fitted
- Double exhaust system made and fitted
- Front axle reinforced near sub-frame
- Up-rated torsion bar fitted
- Front stabilizer fitted
- Half roll-cage fitted
- Koni shock dampers fitted (adjusted by Koni)
- 14-inch Minilite alloy wheels fitted
- Sparco rally bucket seats fitted
- Schroth 4-point safety harnesses fitted
- Sparco sports steering wheel fitted
- FIA approved towing eyelets added
- 12V main power switch
- Uprated fuse-box fitted
Other additions: Tripmaster, Clock, 2 kg fire extinguisher, map reading light, console with 5 gauges, rally safety latches on the bonnet, PIAA spot lamps, LED reversing lamp, air-horns.
This automobile was rally prepared and modified in the process. We can not give factory specifications. Specifications known to us are stated in the description of the car.