Nash Healey Pininfarina Roadster, 1953 Restoration
Hide slides
Updated: 15-July-2024 14:47

Nash Healey Pininfarina Roadster, 1953 Restoration

Information
Model information
Make history

This rare and gorgeous 1953 Nash Healey Pininfarina Roadster was sold new in the USA. A few years back the automobile was found in a complete and still fully functional condition. The car was finished in white with a two-tone blue/ grey interior and a black vinyl hood. All the original details were still present. The Nash Healey was completely dismantled, and our craftsmen had to work many hours restoring the sheet metal of the bodywork starting from the bare metal. After that, the bodywork was passed over in the skilled hands of our partner paint shop to receive a top-class light green metallic 2K paint system and a gloss black protective underbody coating. In the meantime, all the mechanical components were cleaned, overhauled, and rebuilt by the specialists in our technical workshop. The 4.1 Litre straight six engine was slightly modified to deliver a few more horsepower, and to increase the reliability. A new induction manifold was engineered and cast to accommodate 3 S.U. H6 carburettors instead of the original two Carter carbs. The gearbox, differential, rear axle, and drive axle were overhauled and painted in the correct colours. The very special Healey independent front suspension system was also fully rebuilt. This wonderful Nash Healey project is being carried out to the highest concours standards of perfection.

The restoration can be followed on this page.
Te be continued.

S2CC 2402

Donald Healey produced his own cars at Warwick (U.K.) from 1946 until 1954. The early Riley powered cars were intelligently engineered, high quality cars, and amongst the first post-war high performance British vehicles. The Nash-Healey was intended for export to the USA only, the Nash Healey was a collaborative effort between Donald Healey and American automaker Nash Motors. Introduced in 1951, it combined Healey's expertise in building sports cars with Nash's financial backing and engineering. The Nash-Healey featured a powerful Nash Ambassador engine and a Healey-designed chassis and body, blending American power with European styling. It gained popularity for its performance and luxury features, including leather interiors and power accessories. In 1952 Pininfarina redesigned the body, the Pininfarina bodied cars are amongst the most handsome roadsters of the 1950s. The engines were manufactured by Nash at the Kenosha, Wisconsin plant, and then shipped to England where they were installed in the chassis with the “trailing link” front end suspension. The chassis and engine were then shipped to Turin, Italy were they were married to the custom hand built body by Pinin Farina. The Nash-Healey competed in prestigious races like Le Mans and helped establish Healey's reputation as a premier sports car manufacturer. Production ended in 1954 after 506 examples were built, making it a sought-after collector's item today.

Technical data*:

Six cylinder in-line engine (OHV)
cylinder capacity: 4238 cc
induction: 2 x SU carburettors (2 x HY Carter originally)
capacity: 140 hp at 4000 rpm
torque: 312 Nm at 2000 rpm
top-speed: 103 mph / 166 km/h.
gearbox: three speed manual with overdrive
drive: rear wheel drive
brakes: hydraulic drum brakes around
weight: 1247 kg.

*Source: www.Carfolio.com

S2 Classic Cars
Contact
Address
route map
Phone: 0031 85 2734060
Goudstraat 23
7554NG Hengelo
Netherlands